Saturday, April 29, 2017

word usage - Difference between anyone and anybody?


As per google meaning I understood like,



Anyone - any person or any people


Anybody - anyone


It seems both are relevant. I am trying to understand the proper place for using these words. Please help me.


Thanks in Advance.



Answer



There's no difference.


Cambridge's reference:


Anyone and anybody have no difference in meaning. Anybody is a little less formal than anyone. Anyone is used more in writing than anybody:


I didn’t know anybody at the party.


[talking about the New Zealand rugby team, the All Blacks]


It is hard to find anyone who thinks that the All Blacks will face a stronger team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...