Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Please help me to find out which word works better in my sentences from among "mark, grade, score and point"




What is the most natural sentence from among the listed sentences bellow:


Note: all the sentences are self-made.


Example one) Suppose a student says:




  • I got a very low mark in the midterm test.

  • I got a very low grade in the midterm test.

  • I got a very low score in the midterm test.

  • I got a very low point in the midterm test.





  • For me only the first one sounds natural.


Example two)


here suppose a teacher is talking to their students:




  • I want to read out the test marks to you.


  • I want to read out the test grades to you.

  • I want to read out the test scores to you.

  • I want to read out the test points to you.




  • For me in this specific sentence, all words work the same and convey the same message.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...