Saturday, February 18, 2017

progressive aspect - “To sit waiting” vs. “to be sitting waiting”



  • I'm sitting waiting for a bus.

  • I sit waiting for a bus.


There is the situation that I'm sitting on a bench and I'm waiting for a bus in a bus station.


If I want to tell my friend that by a phone. I say "I sit waiting for a bus." It is right?



Somewhere, I have heard "I'm sitting waiting for a bus" means that I'm sitting up and down (it doesn't mean an exercise) while waiting a bus, as a bus has arrived. Therefore Someone tell me you would use I sit waiting for a bus.


Simply, I think I'm sitting + I'm waiting = I'm sitting waiting.


How are the two sentences different?


also



  • I sitting waiting for a bus.

  • I sitting and waiting for a bus.


differ?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...