Thursday, February 16, 2017

word choice - realize notice find out figure out



The other day, I was at the bookstore and I noticed there was a woman surrounded by a large crowd. It was hard to tell what was going on. So, at first, I figured it was an employee handing out free stuff. But when I got a little closer, it looked like she was signing autographs. Since it was a bookstore,


I (knew/noticed/found/found out/figured/figured out/realized) that it could be a famous writer signing books.


I don't want to ask a lot but, could you choose the right word?


And could you let me know which one is right/not right and why and why not?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...