Wednesday, February 1, 2017

How can I develop my Android game for different phone resolutions?


For instance, the Motorola Droid is as wide as the G1, but has more height.


Should I try to spread the UI out across the extra height found on the Motorola Droid? How do others handle this problem?


I'm not using OpenGL, but a SurfaceView for a 2D game.



Answer



Be aware of density independence (basically resolution) as described here: http://developer.android.com/guide/practices/screens_support.html


And as related to aspect ratio, pick your minimal target aspect ratio and design within it as sort of a safe frame. When confrontend with wider aspect ratio, show more of the game which is not critical to gameplay. I have posted a similar question here and described what I'd do: How do you approach resolution independence in raster based graphics content?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...