Sunday, March 27, 2016

word usage - What is the meaning of "I am so fly"?


I often hear teenagers saying things like "I am so fly".


This term is confusing to me.


Does it mean funny? Or dumb? I do'nt know.



Answer



When you come across slang terms whose definition are hard to find, the Urban Dictionary can be a friend. (Just beware the amount of obscenity in it).


fly




cool, in style


He was drivin some fly ass car



I'm so fly



The rapper way of saying that you are way cool


I'm so fly chicks wanna bang me when I drive by



Since definitions in the Urban Dictionary can be written by anyone (and sometimes I think 14-year-old boys write a lot of them), it's safer and more reliable to stick to professional dictionaries for anything other than hard-to-find definitions of slang. I mean, use TUD as a last resort, probably.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...