Wednesday, March 23, 2016

release - How can I deploy an Android game without going through the marketplace?



How do I deploy an Android app without publishing it in the marketplace?


Let me back up a minute. I have short release cycles (2-4 weeks or less), and I would like to release a partially complete, unpolished game on my website so people can try it out and give me feedback.


I believe with Android, I need to go through the "Marketplace" and some rigorous process to release my app (which is not something I would do for an in-development version anyways).


So how can I get my under-development version in the hands of players?



Answer



For beta test, you can host your own APK on your webserver. Just send an email to your users with the link. That's the eaysiest way todo.


If you don't have a webserver, you can use Dropbox to host your APK and create a public url to download it.


If you want a private beta, you can use Dropbox to share with your trusted users.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...