Saturday, March 26, 2016

pronouns - When to use "Me" and "I" in comparative sentences?



He is taller than me/I?



Also, what is the difference between the two:




1 - I love you better than him.


2 - I love you better than he.




Answer



Use the form that would make sense in the first part of the sentence. You would use "I am taller", not "Me am taller", so



He is taller than I [am tall].



In the second case, the distinction is




I love you better than [I love] him.



(That is, you are saying who you love better.)


vs



I love you better than he [loves you].



(You are saying who loves the listener better.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...