Sunday, July 26, 2015

Where can I find free md2 models and .obj objects for a boxing game?



I'm creating a first person boxing game in Opengl as a school project and I want textures and models to apply to it. A look like Wii Sport's Boxing is what I'm aiming for.


Something like this (but, you know, free)



Answer



The problem with free is, as the saying goes, you often get what you paid for :)


A good place to find 3D models (from the good to the unbelievably ugly) is the Google 3D Warehouse. It's a huge collection of free models that can be loaded with Google's Sketchup program plus be loaded in to Google Earth if geo-referenced.



From the site, here is a model of a boxing ring that can be downloaded in Collada format as well as for Google Sketchup. You ought to be able to find a way to convert Collada to OBJ.


alt text


http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=1579926f4237c91137494d2d6fb60eef&prevstart=0


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...