Friday, July 17, 2015

meaning in context - What is the difference between "swept away by", "swept up by/in" and "swept over"?


Is there any difference between "swept away by" vs "swept up by/in" vs "swept over"?


For example, what is the best fit in the following sentences? Is there any difference if I were to replace one with the other?




Perhaps, conversely, the inordinate passion I was swept up in after my recent debut as a writer was to blame.


Herein lies one of the reasons why the history of humanity has often been swept up in the storms of revolution by men possessed by their desire for divinity.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...