Friday, January 26, 2018

grammar - Usage of 'Only'


What are the differences in the following sentences:



(1)I eat burger and pizza only.(My understanding is he doesn't eat anything > except burger and pizza)


(2)I eat only burger and pizza.(My understanding is it relates to same concept as no.1)


(3)I only eat burger and pizza.(My understanding is that he only eats burger and pizza ,and do nothing,i.e he doesn't talk,read,walk etc.)


(4)Only I eat burger and pizza.(My understanding is that he has the copyright to eat burger and pizza)




Are my understandings correct?


Many people use only in a wrong way,as there are basic differences.


Please focus on this topic.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...