Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Are there many games involving the manipulation of water?



I'm in the very, very early brainstorming stages of a game which centers around the manipulation of water and the terrain around it. (i.e., changing the water's state between solid, liquid, gas; building up or tearing down hills to control its flow; and so forth.) I'm not yet sure if it should be a puzzle game, a platformer, or what.



Usually, when brainstorming a game, I try to find games with similar mechanics to see what is done well, poorly, etc. But this time, I'm having trouble thinking of any games that use the flow of water as a primary mechanic. (Pipe Dream is about all that comes to mind.)


So, I'm asking around... does anyone know of any games where controlling water is a major aspect? Is there much reference material (of any kind) on the subject of water as a gameplay mechanic? Or any ideas where to look?


Thanks




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...