Wednesday, January 13, 2016

pronunciation - Exercises for pronouncing 'I'


Speakers of languages such as Italian and Spanish tend to have difficulty pronouncing the 'I' in words such as it and is correctly. For example, they might pronounce "it is" as "eat ease."


Are there any good exercises that can help them pronounce the 'I' correctly?




Answer



For an actual exercise, you would have to be face to face with a real teacher. But you can listen to a couple minimal i/e pairs in this video. The woman is really talking like an elementary-school teacher, but she pronounces the pairs clearly. You might want to practice these words beforehand, and see whether you pronounce them the same way she does in the video:



fit - feet


mitt - meat/meet


chip - cheap


sin - scene/seen


wit - wheat


itch - each




Youtube: The Difference Between I and E


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...