Saturday, January 9, 2016

grammaticality - Can a sentence have clauses in two different tenses?


I have the following idea, The first part is written in a present form as it is more general. As I explained what I did in the second part, it is written in past tense. here is my example.





  1. The proposed graph analysis method is based on a correct segmentation of point data.

  2. The work in this study mainly focused on the modeling process.



And I join them using and as follows.



The proposed graph analysis method is based on a correct segmentation of point data and the work mainly focused on the modeling process.



Now, I am doubted whether we can keep two tenses within a one single sentence. Any idea please.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...