Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Good game design books?






I have some experience in creating, however I like to have some well written reference material to help me produce better products. Are there any game design books that are not aimed at a particular programming language?



Answer



Here's Top 3 books on game design that I'd recommend:



Now, probably the most important thing is that game design as a discipline is pretty thin, but it draws a lot from other areas like art, history, economics, math (specifically theory of probabilities & statistics), psychology, writing and even music & filmmaking. So good books in all those disciplines probably would be equally important for a game designer as well as specific game design books.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...