Wednesday, November 11, 2015

word usage - "Line up", "Hook up" and "Fix up"


Please tell me which choice below (or rather a better choice that I need to know) works better in my sentences in informal English:




I got myself out on a limb. I need to clear my check by tomorrow. No matter how, I must ............ 2 million bucks by tomorrow.



a) line up [to prepare, organize, or arrange something]
b) hook up [hook somebody up with something to help someone get something that they need or want]
c) fix up [to arrange for someone to have something that they need]


For me, all three options work in this sense with the same meaning and informality degree.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...