Sunday, November 29, 2015

indefinite article - "Part of the team" vs. "a part of the team"


I see both of these are used:






  • I'm part of Acme's technical team.




  • I'm a part of Acme's technical team.





Which one sounds more natural when introducing myself in an email? Is "Part" countable or uncountable in this context?




Answer



As a statement by itself,



I'm part of Acme's technical team.



is more natural.


But you could use an article as emphasis or when contrasting with other information.



He is a part of Acme's technical team, even though he does not contribute much.


(after making a big contribution) You see, I am a part of Acme's technical team.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...