Monday, November 9, 2015

american english - Is such participle clause reducing usage constrained to only past tense?


As I saw on a grammar website, "She went into the home and left her shoes" equals "She went into the home, leaving her shoes". Can this usage also be used with other tenses? Like future tense, present perfect tense, etc..


P.S. I mean, does the sentence "she has been working AND WRITING composion in her office" equal "she has been working, WRITING composition in her office". .... and does "I will pay for it AND GIVE SOME PAMPHLET to you" equal "I will pay for it, GIVING SOME PAMPHLET to you"...etc.


Here is the source that describes an action that happens just before another action.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...