Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Doing an SNES Mode 7 (affine transform) effect in pygame


Is there such a thing as a short answer on how to do a Mode 7 / mario kart type effect in pygame?


I have googled extensively, all the docs I can come up with are dozens of pages in other languages (asm, c) with lots of strange-looking equations and such.


Ideally, I would like to find something explained more in English than in mathematical terms.


I can use PIL or pygame to manipulate the image/texture, or whatever else is necessary.


I would really like to achieve a mode 7 effect in pygame, but I seem close to my wit's end. Help would be greatly appreciated. Any and all resources or explanations you can provide would be fantastic, even if they're not as simple as I'd like them to be.


If I can figure it out, I'll write a definitive how to do mode 7 for newbies page.



edit: mode 7 doc: http://www.coranac.com/tonc/text/mode7.htm




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...