Friday, October 30, 2015

Unity: Unable to rearrange "Sorting Layer" for 2D game


Since yesterday I got a bit into game development with Unity (i've never done game development before), and I am currently making a small 2D game. I am attempting to rearrange the various layers in the "Sorting Layers" list. According to Unity's own official tutorial, you can simply drag & drop the layers around to rearrange them. However, when I click on one of the layers, I can not drag it anywhere.


Can someone help me out?



Answer



The elements that can be dragged to new positions will have a = sign next to it in the inspector. The other ones below cannot be dragged but can be set up however you like.



Here is a pic the highlighted Layer in sorting layers is draggable


enter image description here


Note: you must select edit layers button located in the Layers Dropdown Tab shown at the top middle in the pic to get the Tags & Layers Inspector Window.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...