Thursday, October 29, 2015

game design - The Thin Red Line. What to present to get interest without showing too much?


I am Dalilean and I am a gamer. There I have said it. Damn, feels like a weight is lifted from my shoulders… They say the first step is to admit the problem. Now the second step is doing something about it.


So….


As more than a few of you know, I decided to design a game.


Right now I feel like I am at a critical point in development. I am looking at the aspects of the game, from a game play point of view. This means I am past the story, the conceptualization, and now I am dealing with issues of “What specifics do each character have”, “What options and results do the actions of the player have in the game.”



I got to wondering, How much do I show possible investors or developers without showing too much?


I worry that I give them a copy of the Game Design Document; they will just say thank you and nothing else. Then, several years later, I will see my concepts seeping into games. I have learned from previous experiences that not everyone is honest and that a healthy level of paranoia goes a long way in this world.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...