Sunday, May 3, 2015

Is it possible to rent a server for my own game?



I'm an independent game developer and I don't yet have a lot of money to buy myself a very cool high-speed and low-latency internet connection along with a powerful server machine to place somewhere in the world to host my very own game's server application for my fans to play on.


I know it's possible to rent a server for an existing popular game (for example, Team Fortress 2), but how about renting a server for my own game that I'm developing? Are there services specifically for that, or should I just rent some general purpose something and go from there?


Such a server should be:



  • Easy to update

  • With a low-latency for a specific region (I'm planning on renting EU and US servers)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...