Tuesday, August 6, 2019

word usage - I have been taking these pills for 3 days



I have question about using this phrase. For example my doctor told me to take 1 pill every day. Then after 3 days he asked me: how long have you been taking these meds?


I was taking them the 1st day, 2nd, 3rd and today 4th day I took them too in the morning and doctor asked me on 4th day how long have you been taking them. I said



I have been taking them for 3 days



but I am not sure since I took the pill today too so shouldnt have I said 4 days?


Should I count the on-going day or still not until its fully finished?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...