Friday, August 9, 2019

grammaticality - Don't let's wait / Let's not wait / Let's don't wait


I was reading a book today and I got confused by the sentence 'Don't let's wait.'



Don't let's wait?



Is it correct to say this? I have seen sentences like:



Let's wait.




... and I found lots of results for:



Let's not wait.



... on Google. This question here asks about sentences like:



Let's don't wait.



Niklon's answer there says that this sentence is not grammatical because it has both let's and don't together. So does this means that that the main example here is ungrammatical?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...