Monday, August 5, 2019

animation - Exporting Blender bones


I wrote an exporter for blender models that works great for meshes. I'm attempting to extend that to bones defined in blender. However I haven't found good information for exporting bone data. How can I access bone data? I'd like access all the vertices that the bone affects, the weight of each vertex and the matrix. Do I need to export anything else for skeletal animation and dynamic dismemberment?



Answer



My suggestion is honestly just to find a format that Blender will export its bones as well, and then look through the script of that format exporter. I was doing something similar and realized how much of a pain it was to find a good resource on exporting bones.


But here's this specification that helped me a lot, on armature modules


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...