Monday, August 26, 2019

Elastic Circle-Circle collision detection and response / Slime Volleyball physics


I am trying to recreate the Slime Volleyball game; however I am unsure how to go about implementing the physics of the ball movement.



The game consists of a circular ball and semi circle players that hit the ball over a net and against a wall. The ball cannot touch the floor.


I need to understand how exactly to implement the hitting of the ball against the player and what the physics entails.


I have already implemented gravity with a bouncing ball.


It is hard to find information related to implementing such physics from a game development perspective and I only have vague ideas about change in momentum from googling. If anyone could explain how to do so, I would greatly appreciate it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...