Wednesday, August 7, 2019

grammar - What does why would I do it mean in this context?


I've often heard people saying this. And even I say it when someone accuses me of doing something that I didn't do.


I'd say:


Why would I do that?


But what's the grammar behind it?


Is it future from the past tense or something or what? It's obviously not a conditional construction 😒


Context from SE01 EP02 Austin & Ally


Austin: what does the jacket have to do with the music video?


Trish: It's a line in Ally's song, "my jacket's in the lost and found."



Ally: "my jacket"? It says "I like it." The line is "I like it when you hang around."


Dez: "hang around"? I thought it said "kangaroo." ♪ I like it when you kangaroo. ♪.


Ally: Why would I write "I like it when you kangaroo"?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...