Friday, July 12, 2019

2d - Your recommendation for path construction from a single background image?


So I currently have my background as a single PNG and some obstacles (like blocks as part of that PNG). In order to create a path, I currently store pixels above a unique green color (my hill) and use this to move the character. My question is, is it better to create something like a collision layer mask or somehow convert my PNG to a bunch of tiles? Is this possible?



Answer



Two programs you should at least take a look at are Mappy and Tiled. A library for XNA integration with Tiled called TiledLib has been developed and could be of some use, if only to take a look at for ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...