Friday, March 2, 2018

infinitive vs gerund - All they do is 'get/getting' groceries


This is going to be silly but I know some people who don't really leave the house for anything but groceries. It's impossible to hang out with them because they just sit around at home and the only thing they leave the house for are groceries. Today I told a friend about them and said



all they do is getting groceries



and would like to know if it's right to use the continuous form.


Other sentences that follow the same pattern:




All they can do is cut/cutting them down


All he/she is able to do is yell/yelling at people



I think you guys get the picture.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...