Sunday, March 18, 2018

c++ - Decomposing a concave mesh into a set of convex meshes


I'd like to be able to decompose a concave mesh into a set of convex meshes for 2 reasons:




  1. Transparent rendering

  2. Physics shapes


Is there an algorithm that takes a set of triangles (concave) as input and outputs a number of sets of triangles (convex)? I'd like it to not fill in the holes between parts of the original mesh.


I've already come across a small idea: find all the concave edges, and split the meshes along the edge loops. Am I on the right track? How could I implement this?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...