Tuesday, May 2, 2017

verbs - Recommend that VS Recommend to


I`ve been taught for years that the verb recommend is one of those verbs of advice that cannot be followed by the more usual pattern of object + infinitive but has to be followed by a that-clause with should + infinitive or with past, present or subjunctive form verbs. Recently, however, I found an entry in the Oxford Learner's Dictionary which states that the object + infinitive pattern is indeed possible with the recommend verb. Am I missing something here?


Below I enclose the link to the entry:


Oxford Learner's Dictionary: recommend





No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...