Friday, May 5, 2017

iphone - How to design a leaderboard?


This sounds like an easy thing but when I considering the following




  • Many players

  • Some have played many games and some just started

  • Different type of statistics


On what information should the actual ranking be based on? I am planning to display the board in a UITableView so there is limited space available per player. However, I am not bound to the UITableView if there is a better solution.


This is a quiz game and the information I am currently capturing per player is:



  • #games played totally

  • #games played per game type (current version have only one game type)

  • #questions answered


  • #correct answers


Maybe I should include additional information.


I have been thinking about having a leaderboard property page where the player can decide on what basis the leaderboard should display information but would like to avoid the complexity in that. However, if that is needed I will do it.


Anyone that can give me some advice on how to design the presentation of this would be highly appreciated?



Answer



as far as leader board development you can get it from the gamekit


check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjF82OYGBq4&feature=player_embedded


as far as the artistic design that really depends on style of you game.


hope that helps



No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...