Thursday, May 18, 2017

How to avoid the repetition of "of"?


I work in marketing and I often have to present results of analysis. The problem is my sentences often contain a lots of "of" !


How can I avoid the repetition in this kind of sentence :




  • 10 % of the customers of this brand are...





  • 20% of the students of this school would like to ...





Answer



You can use possessives instead. Your examples could be rewritten thusly:



  • 10% of this brand's customers are...

  • 20% of this school's students would like to...



This is not the only way to do so, but using possessives should be flexible enough to work in most (if not all) situations you find yourself coming across.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...