Saturday, May 28, 2016

Phrase meaning: every now and then vs every once in a while


I would like to know whether there is a difference in meaning of the following phrases:
1. Every now and then;
2. Every once in a while. I know that they both mean occasionally, but is that all? There are no any other differences?



Answer



Nope, there is no real difference that I can see. I'd love to see an example, in context, where there is a difference in meaning, but I'm not seeing one at all. Further, I would say that the two phrases are equivalent as far as how commonly they are used and how easily they will be understood.


At this point, I will say that they are interchangeable.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...