Sunday, May 1, 2016

A question related to participles


There is given a pair of sentences and I have to join the two sentences into one using a participle.


We started early. We arrived at noon


Answer was


Starting/having started early, we arrived at noon.



But can I say



We starting early, arrived at noon



?


One more example


The wolf wished to pick a quarrel with the lamb. He said, "How dare you make the water muddy?"


Can this be structured the following way?



The wolf wishing to pick a quarrel with the lamb said, "How dare you make the water muddy?"




Also can I say ------



The porter opening the gate, we entered. (Is it grammatical?)



Thanks in advance




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...