Thursday, May 19, 2016

word usage - A comparison between Grade, Mark, Score and Point


Let's suppose a teacher wants to punish a student and wants to decrease his / her achieved points on a test paper; he would say something to the student; I would like to know which one of the following self-made examples may work here:




  • I have to take two marks of you.

  • I have to take two grades of you.

  • I have to take two scores of you.


  • I have to take two points of you.



For me all the first three mean the same and though the last one is not the same, but works here either. I need to get your feedback.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...