Friday, November 1, 2019

algorithm - Elegant autotiling


I'm looking for information about how people implement autotiling in their tile-based games. So far I have always improvised it with a bunch of hardcoded "if ... else ..." statements, and now I decided that it is time to find some more elegant solution. I went searching on the Internet for examples of autotiling implementations and discussions on the topic, but I only came up with three articles:



(Especially the last one is comprehensive and very helpful.)



I have also looked at various implementations and documentation of libraries, that implement it, for example, flixel: http://www.flixel.org/features.html#tilemaps


Sadly, all the solutions that I could find are exactly as improvised and haphazard, as what I started with, and almost never cover all the possible cases.


I'm looking for an elegant example of autotiling implementation that I could learn from.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...