Thursday, November 14, 2019

c# - How should I handle different aspect ratios in a fullscreen game?


I am creating a game using C#, GDI+ and Raster images (2D images). For performance sake, I believe that I should have the game change the user's resolution to 800 x 600 and run the game in that setting. However, the graphics look distorted in a wide screen since the aspect ratio for 800 x 600 is different than from a wide screen. I cannot figure out how to determine the aspect ratio.


How is game programming normally handled on different resolutions? Should I even change the user's resolution? If I dont change the resolution, the game slows down a lot.


Also, some wide screens will "maintain the aspect ratio" when changing the resolution to 800 x 600 (thus creating black bars on the right and left) and some wide screens will fill up the entire screen. How do people handle that situation??




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...