Thursday, July 13, 2017

prepositions - Working in / for / at?


Which is the correct way to tell where I'm working?





  • I'm working in XYZ company.

  • I'm working for XYZ company.

  • I'm working at XYZ company.



Or is there any difference in the meaning?



Answer



To indicate the company you are working for, I would say:




I'm working for XYZ company



It points out that you consider yourself a dedicated employee.



I'm working at XYZ company



has a similar meaning, but I would more likely use it to say you just work somewhere, maybe at a job you don't like alot. You are just there.


If referring to a company location, at can also be OK




I'm working at XYZ company in San Diego.



I don't think I would normally use



I'm working in XYZ company



No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...