Sunday, July 9, 2017

3d - Procedural terrain generation


Currently I have a procedurally generated planet using multiple octaves of perlin noise. The thing is, that I don't generate heightmap, but rather get the values of perlin function and apply them directly to vertices.


I'd like to add more surface features. Right now terrain is very rough, there are no flat areas, or rivers.



How can I add those features? Normally there would be some sort of heightmap-filtering, for example voronoi + perlin = good-looking terrain with flat surfaces.


Is it possibile to somehow mix fractal algorithms? If so how, which ones and where can I find more info about it?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...