Friday, February 14, 2020

textures - Algorithm for approximating sihlouette image as polygon






Possible Duplicate:
Is there any heuristic to polygonize a closed 2D raster shape with n triangles?



I want to be able to analyze a texture in real time and approximate a polygon to represent a silhouette. Imagine a person standing in front of a green screen and I want to approximately trace around their outline and get a 2D polygon as the result. Are there algorithms to do this and are they fast enough to work frame-to-frame in a game?


(I have found algorithms to triangulate polygons, but I am having trouble knowing what to search for that describes my goal.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...