Sunday, October 21, 2018

unreal 4 - How to make overlap detection more accurate?


I have a project where there are two types of warrior, red and blue.


When they overlap, both are destroyed, or at least that is what should happen.



Red Warrior Blueprint (code of destruction):


enter image description here


This overlap is not detected. I put an impression right after the Cast To and it does not appear, so the event is not detected.


Which makes me think of another question I asked, maybe I have found the answer for it (Error detecting collision with another instance of the same actor?).


Capsule Collision of Warriors:


enter image description here


I had a similar problem in the collision of the red warrior with a tower, in order to have the detection of the overlap I had to greatly increase the capsule collision of tower:


enter image description here


It's practically a sphere.


The correct title of the question should be => How to make overlap detection more accurate without having to increase the collision box?



But I do not rule out that increasing the collision box is not the best way to detect overlap, I just want you to explain why (if it is).




EDIT 1 (attempt based on Stephen's comment)


I put an impression when the cast fails.


Red Warrior Blueprint and Blue Warrior Blueprint (respectively):


enter image description here


Result in game:


enter image description here


Test made with capsule in size (sclae) => x = 1.5, y = 1.5, z = 1.5.





EDIT 2 (Event image)


Image to show how the overlay is called:


enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...