Tuesday, September 4, 2018

fonts - How do I get beautiful small text in XNA without using external libraries?


In XNA, the spritefont technology is horrible. Nuclex does the job so much better, but I don't want to have any external references, and I'm nearly done with my game.


When using fonts like Sansation or Quicksand, it looks terrible in smaller sizes of the fonts. It's so bad!


Is there a known workaround for this? I tried setting the fontsizes to extremely high, and then scaling them down in the spritebatch with no luck.



Answer



XNA lets you import a texture as a spritefont. You can probably get better hinting and anti-aliasing in your font if you lay each character out manually in a good image editing program, rather than relying on the sprite sheet that XNA generates.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...