Tuesday, May 1, 2018

textures - Importing FBX with multiple meshes in UDK


I need to import into UDK a several amount of FBX models (representing buildings) which are composed by various submeshes (walls, windows, roof...). I need to keep the individual meshes (can't use the merge option) but I also need to work with the building as a whole. Do you know if this is possible? How?


Also, is there a way to keep the textures assignment for the FBX models after importing them to Unreal? Doing the process manually (importing model, importing texture, assign to the material, assign the material to each mesh and submesh) for 100 or 200 models (to import an entire city from City Engine), isn't viable.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...