Saturday, May 12, 2018

word usage - Far behind. (Stuck in traffic)


Yesterday my school bus got to my bus stop late. So my mother had to wait a lot. Actually we were held up in traffic. But today we reached the stop on time, but my mother wasn't there to get me. Thus the driver asked me "Where's your mom?" So I replied:




Actually we were held up in traffic and were far behind at this time yesterday.


We were stuck in traffic far behind at this time.



I used "at this time" to indicate that I am at the stop today at this time while we were far behind this location yesterday at this time.


Is the use of "far behind" in this context natural? I feel that it's sounds ambiguous. So is there a better way to express the "location"?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...