Sunday, May 20, 2018

cross platform - Voice input in games beyond voip chat


Is there any cross platform libraries available for handling input from a microphone?


I am thinking beyond voice chat to noise / voice recognition.


I am putting together a plan for a role playing game and in thinking of features I was thinking it would be nice if the player could be standing in a crowded place and yell and have the npc's react to that and look at the player for example.


As I plan to make this an open source project I want to make it as cross platform friendly as possible.



Answer




Check out Carnegie Mellon's Project Sphinx it's an open source toolkit for speech recognition. I haven't used it, but it's certainly a place to start.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...