Friday, May 11, 2018

idioms - What is the most common sarcastic response to something you already know?


How sarcastically imply someone who is trying to teach you something that you are well aware in that case


Edited:


I am going to find an up-to-date English metaphorical and sarcastic expression or proverb to indicate that someone who I am speaking to should not try to offer advice to me! Because comparing them, at that specific case, I am more experienced and aware about anything!


I have found two proverbs, but please let me know which one of them is in current use in the sense I am looking for:



1) Don't teach an old dog new tricks.
2) Don't teach your grandma how to suck eggs.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...