Tuesday, November 29, 2016

phrase usage - I am/have been a fan?


When you say you are a fan of someone, do you say "I am a fan" or "I've been a fan"?


Please see my example below:




A: Why did you buy this CD? It's full of crappy tracks!


Me: I bought it because I am a fan of this band.



Or is it more correct to say that you are a fan by using present perfect continuous?



Me: I bought it because I've been a long-time fan of this band.




Answer



Both statements seem grammatically correct and convey the same emotion except timeline mentioned in later statement. Later statement is slightly different because you have mentioned 'a long-time fan'.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...