Thursday, July 12, 2018

word request - Usage of "attach" for human


I know this term is used for tags, labels, emotional connections, etc., but I am not sure I can use it for a sarcastic purpose to express my negative idea about a person who follows me everywhere and imposes his/her ideas about me to me against my will like this:



S/he attaches her/himself to me everywhere I am!




If not so what the other phrases or terms do you suggest me for this?



Answer



Using attach does sound a bit formal for describing someone who follows you around (I am not sure what you mean by "imposes his/her ideas about me to me") in an insecure and unwelcome manner. But attach could be used for this meaning, as could the adjective overly-attached. Other more casual expressions are:



  • She clings to me

  • She latches onto me

  • He follows me around like a puppy dog

  • He is clingy

  • She doesn't give me any space



No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...