Sunday, July 1, 2018

c++ - SDL Mixer Strange Error Message


I have a Visual Studio C++ project. I've just started out with SDL, and I've already rendered images, text, and now I'm trying to play audio. This will be done with the SDL_Mixer extension library.


However, I'm having the following issue. When I run my code with the SDL_Mixer library included, I get the following popup error message:


The procedure entry point SDL_AudioStreamFlush could not be located in the dynamic link library...

What the heck does this mean? Did I do something wrong with the installation? I got SDL mixer from here: https://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_mixer/


Any help would be greatly appreciated!



Answer




I solved the issue! Basically, I didn't have the latest form of SDL2. (I think I had 2.0.5 or something)


By going to the SDL2 download page, I was able to get and install SDL-2.0.7, replacing the old version. Once I completed the update, I was relieved to hear my music playing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...